Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shah Naqshband's Miraculous Vision

One of his followers who was serving him in the city of Merv reported,

"One day I wished to go see my family in Bukhara, having received news that my brother Shamsuddin had died. I needed to take permission from my shaikh to go. I spoke with Amir Hussain, the Prince of Herat, to ask permission on my behalf to Shah Naqshband. On their way back from Jum'ah prayer, Amir Hussain told him about the death of my brother and that I wanted permission to go to my family. He said, 'No it is impossible. How can you say he is dead when I can see him alive. More than that, I can even smell his smell. I am going to bring him here now.' He had hardly finished his words before my brother appeared. He aproached the shaikh, kissed his hand and greeted Amir Hussain. I hugged my brother and there was great happiness among us."

Shaikh Alauddin Attar (q) said,

"Shaikh Shah Naqshband was once sitting in a large association in Bukhara speaking about the Unveiling of the State of Vision. He said, 'My best friend, Mawla 'Arif, who is in Khwarazm, (400 miles from Bukhara) has left Khwarazm for the government building, and he reached the station of the horse-carriages. When he reached that station he stayed there for a moment and now he is going back to his house in Khwarazm. He is not continuing on to Saray. This is how a saint can see in his station of gnosis.' Everyone was surprised at this story but we all knew that he was a great saint, so we recorded the time and the day. One day Mawla 'Arif came from Khwarazm to Bukhara and we told him about that incident. He was very surprised and he said, 'In truth, that is exactly what happened.'"

from www.naqshbandi.org/chain/17.htm

No comments: