Saturday, November 08, 2008
Monday, September 01, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
It's funny how things have changed so fast, all but blogspot. Well, to their credit, they've enabled a few extra features to tweak the layout to our tastes, but this is basic compared to say, WordPress. but hey, it's free, and its still good anyway.
I'm married now and Alhamdulillah, I have a fantastic wife! At the same time, I've been doing my usual teaching rounds. So checkout wilayahlc.wordpress.com my school's site. I'm struggling to build a proper site on my own, but there'll be more things and courses coming up.
Ok, I donno wat else to say, but Alhamdulillah, it's Rajab!
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Audhu billahi minasshaitanirrajim, Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, La hawla wa la quwatta illa billahil aliyul adhim. Allah Allah, Allah Allah, Allah Allah, Meded ya Sultanul anbiya, Meded ya Rijalallah
It is an association. Every day has a speciality, every day has a special personality. The days of week are seven days, and everyone feels through himself when it is going to be friday, and then saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday. You have a feeling that today is saturday, it is not friday and it is not sunday. And coming another week and it has also seven days, but when we are speaking about today, it is Saturday, or we are speaking about past saturday, we are saying 'That passed/last saturday happened something'. This saturday also is not the same as that saturday. And it is now March; this is a new March, it is not the same as that passed away, and coming April it is new April belongs to 2004. It is not the same one that passed through 2003.
You also, you are not the same one that you have been last year in March, no! You are now in a new position, a new one. 'Kulli yaumin Huwa fi shan'/every day in (new) Splendour doth He (shine)! Holy Quran, 55:29. Every day is appearing another appearance that those appearances countless.. if you can be able to calculate the waves on an ocean, you can reach the number of appearances that you are entering in it and passing. Subhanallah! People are thinking that they are stable, that nothing is changing, 'I was -like this-yesterday, and I am now the same one that I was yesterday'. No! that finished, tomorrow you are another personality. That belongs to the divinely Will that has programmed everyone, it is not only for mankind.. Around mankind whatever from creation, from creatures, they are also through every second or through every unit of time, the less one, they are changing.
Changing is for creation, unchangeable Existence for the real Being for the Lord of Heavens, for the Creator; if changing was to happen to Him, He can't be the Creator. The Creator is creating through every creature according to our knowledge countless changings but it is counted.. He knows! He knows where an atom is or nucleus, in the middle; how many pieces, each one has a personality, and where it is, He must know! 'Ya yakhfa alayhi shayun fil ardi wa la fi samaa', can't be anything to be hidden to the Creator. How it can be! And He is the Creator. If He is not creating that, it can't be in existence; He must know, but according to our capacity.
Therefore Grandsheikh always he was saying, Allah bless him 'The biggest mistake from mankind is, for their understanding they are trying to bring the Existence of the Lord of Heavens, the Lord of the whole Creation, to their understanding area'. And look, if you are getting up and saying to people 'I am asking to know about the sun and I am trying to bring it to my understanding area, to bring it here' -Maulana is looking at a flower- 'It is like this -flower-, that is sun', mashaAllah, he understands!.. As long as they are trying to understand about the sun, their knowledge is never going to be more than that flower. They should say only 'It looks like this'.They can't approach and enter in it and to see and to look what is that. From far away saying 'Oh, the sun just looks like a sunflower'. For creation, for the understanding of creation, if you are using your understanding, it is impossible for you. What it is in our seeing, in our vision, you can't reach a real understanding of what it is in our vision, what about if we are saying beyond the sun, beyond stars, beyond galaxies?
But people try to know about such a creation according to their mindly capacity and it is making them to give a judgmen t about creation. It is wrong knowledge, and they are saying 'positive knowledge'. Positive knowledge that is the new fashion through the 17th century or 16th century when they were trying to make everything through positive knowledge area. They are trying to bring everything under the microscope. If they can't bring it, they are saying 'No'. That is the biggest mistake, also biggest foolishness for those people who are claiming 'We are learned people', 'we are scientists', 'we are professors'.. biggest mistake and biggest ignorance from them, because you can't bring everything under microscope to look what it is, it is impossible! So that when we are speaking for Allah Almighty that that is the beginning of some knowledge for our Creator.
We are asking to step the first step, that there are countless steps, countless attempts should be after it and when you are reaching a knowledge for the Lord of Heavens, He is going to be beyond that knowledge. An d we are speaking about something now,, as they are making me to speak on some points that from His mainly Attributes is to be unchangeable Existence. Never changing.. What was written in Sri Lanka on the entrance of that place? It was written 'Allah-Huwa al an kama kan' Allah, He is now as He was through eternity. Allah in His Eternity, through eternal and eternal He is the same, never changed 'Huwal an kama kan'. Subhanallah! Kalamul awliya, the words of awliyas/saints, they are saying on that point. Subhanallah! Unchangeable. We are changing. Therefore I said to you everything is going to be changed. Haji X changing, because he was awakened, now becoming to sleep, just changed.and therefore 'Al idraku an darkil idraki idraku', that means if you are asking to understand about the real Being of Allah Almighty's Essence you are reaching to a point and you are saying 'Impossible!' just then you reached real Knowledge about Him Almighty! Finally you are saying 'Impossible', because.. a simple example, do you think that an ant can bring to his understanding knowledge of the real being of man? Perhaps it can be possible, but it is impossible for any creature to reach real understanding of their Creator. They are saying finally 'It is impossible'. An ant, when it is running on earth, may say 'Oh, if I can have wings, I could reach to Heavens'. And the Creator is giving it wings and it is trying to fly and flies, but its distance that it may reach and fly, it is maybe one meter or less or a little bit more, nothing.. Do you think that it may reach to Heavens? Impossible! Therefore 'Al idraku an darkil idraki idraku'. That is Subhanallahil aliyul adhim.
We must put our knowledge on a safe base; if not, it is going to be nonsense and people are falling down. That is the biggest mistake for living people and those who are claiming 'We are learned people, we are experts, we are professors, we are scientists, we are academic people, w e must know who is that Creator! We must bring that one that you are saying 'Creator' under our microscope', or, 'We must look first through telescopes', but then they are saying 'We are just astonishing which direction we must put our telescope? This direction, that direction? there are countless directions to bring that One through our telescopes first. Then, if we are catching that One, we must bring that One and to put Him under our microscope to look.' Haha, Subhanallah/Glory be to Him, so foolish people, no understanding and they are claiming they are learned people, alim. They are thinking that they know everything! That is their knowledge about the Creator. Their heads are big one, but nothing in it! If a person is knowing about his Lord, his Creator, as much as he is knowing, he is getting much more respecting for Him.
Therefore when the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam peace be upon him had been asked 'What is the most valuebale effort or work or study for a person to make as a servanthood to his Lord?' What it is, when they were asking, he was saying 'Al ilmu billah, to know about his Creator'. That means to try to reach much more knowledge, that according to our knowledge of someone, of his perfection and power and glory we are taking much more respect. A servant or a simple employee, when getting in front of his director he is closing his buttons, yes. Not for everyone, but for his director he is taking much more respect, because he is knowing about him what he can do. And man also, according to his knowledge about his Creator, his Lord, is taking much more respect. Therefore two rakaats/cycles of prayer from the seal of Prophets Sayyidena Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam peace be upon him, if put on one side of balance and on the other side of the balance whole nations' praying, two rakaats from Rasulullah, the Seal of Prophets, most beloved and most honored one, the weight of his two rakaats is getting to be much more, because no one can reach to his position and his knowledge about his Creator!
May Allah forgive me and forgive you and grant His blessing for the honor of that most beloved and respected and honored one, most glorified one in the divine Presence despite of the wahabis, Fatiha. It is not a prepared thing, but what they are sending we must speak on it. We don't know, He knows.
I know it seems late, but at least its better than never. These are what anyone could do in this blessed month. Points quoted from Al-Futuhat al-Haqqaniyyah of Shaykh 'Adnan Kabbani.
1. Narrated from Ibn al-'Abbas r.a. that the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Whoever fasts the last day of Dhul Hijjah and the first day of Muharram, he completes a whole year's worth of fasting in that previous year, and Allah gives him penance for fifty  years."
Meaning, fast two  days: last day of Dhul Hijjah + first day of Muharram = complete year's fasting and penance for 50 years.
2. Narrated from Anas r.a. that the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Whoever fasts the first Friday of Muharram Allah will forgive his preceding sins, and whoever fasts three days of Muharram - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Allah will write for him worship and prayers for nine hundred  years."
Meaning, fast first Friday [one day's worth] = preceding sins forgiven.
Fast three  days [Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of any week in Muharram] = 900 yrs worship.
3. Narrated from 'A`ishah Umm al-Mu'minin r.a. that the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Whoever fasts the first ten days up till 'Ashura, he will inherit the Paradise al-Firdaus."
 Meaning, fast first ten  days = get Jannat al-Firdaus.
4. Fasting of 'Ashura is Sunnah Mu`akkadah, that which is highly desired. When the Prophet s.a.w. saw the Jews of Madinah fasting on that day, he asked them for what it was. They told him it was the day Musa a.s. led the Bani Isra`il from Pharaoh. The Prophet s.a.w. said, "I have more rights with Musa than you Jews." So he fasted that day and ordered for its observance. This was part of a longer narration from 'A`ishah r.a.
5. The Prophet said, "Whoever fasts the 'Ashura, Allah will write for him a thousand  wishes and a thousand years of age, and will grant him the reward of a thousand martyrs, and will write for him the reward of Isma`il a.s., and writes for him seventy  palaces in paradise, and makes his flesh forbidden from the hellfire."
Meaning, fast on 'Ashura = Allah grants 1000 wishes and grants you an age of a 1000 yrs.
6. In another Hadith the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Whoever fasts the 'Ashura, he will be granted the reward of a thousand angels. And whoever recites "Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad" a thousand  times on the day of 'Ashura, Allah will glance at him with the Eyes of Mercy, and will write him from amongst the Siddiqqin [The Truthful]."
 You may read it 1000 times in succession at any time of the Day of 'Ashura, or pray 100 sunnah rak'at, reciting 10 times Al-Ikhlas after the Fatihah in each rak'ah.
7. In another Hadith the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Distinguish yourselves from the Jews by fasting either the day before 'Ashura or the day after it as well."
 Apart from fasting 'Ashura which is the 10th of Muharram, fast also on either the 9th or the 11th.
8. Whoever prays in 'Ashura four  sunnah rak'at on the day of 'Ashura, where after the Fatihah in each rak'ah recites "Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad" eleven  times, Allah will forgive his sins of fifty years, and will build for him a pulpit from light. And whoever takes the sunnah shower on 'Ashura he will not suffer sickness in that year except the illness of death, and whoever wears the Kuhl on his eyes on 'Ashura he will not suffer sickness on that year.
 This is usually done during time of Duha on the day of 'Ashura. Make intention to pray 4 rak'at (like Zuhr, 'Asr, and 'Isha prayer with 1 salam) Sunnah Yaum al-'Ashura. After the Fatihah in each rak'ah, recite Al-Ikhlas 11 times. Alhamdulillah, I did with Mawlana Shaykh Nazim and the murids in Lefke before.
9. Du'a of 'Ashura: Recite "Hasbun Allahu wa ni'mal wakil, ni'mal Maula wa ni'man Nasir" [70 x], and recite: "Hasbun Allahu mil-al Mizan wa muntaha-l 'ilma, wa mablaghal rida, wa zinatul 'arsh, la malja-a wa la manja min Allahi illa ilaihi. Subhan Allahi 'adada-sh-shaf`i wal 'arshi, wa 'adada kalimati Rabbina-t taammati kulliha. As-aluka-s Salamata bi Rahmatika Ya Arham Ar-Rahimin, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil 'Aliyyil 'Azhim. Wa huwa hasbii wa ni'mal wakil, ni'mal Mawla wa ni'man Nasir. Wa Sallallahu 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi ajma'in." [7 x].
10. About an hour before the Adhan for Maghrib towards 'Ashura, sit facing the Qiblah and finish the daily Adab of Tariqah. And then make Tawassul with Sayyidina al-Husayn and the martyrs of Karbala, where on that day they died Shahid with Sayyidina al-Husayn and those who were with him, may Allah's favours be upon them. After breaking your fast dedicate the blessings and rewards of your fast and daily Awrad upon the Prophet s.a.w. for the oceans secrets that lie open on the 14th of Muharram.
 Make also Tawassul to the Prophet s.a.w. and the Mashayikh of the Naqshbandi Tariqah, and then to Sayyidina al-Husayn and the Shuhada of Karbala. The names of the Shuhada of Karbala that is used to be recited is in the Futuhat.
11. Muharram is also a month of great importance to Naqshbandi. Our Master and Imam of the Tariqah Shah Naqshband q.s. was born on the 14th of this month. It is thus important and most desired that the Ahl of the Tariqah congregate on the eve of this holy day for Khatm and Dhikr, and read the Mawlid al-Nabi s.a.w. in dedication to Mawlana Shah Naqshband, and also reading excerpts from his saintly life.
 It is hence of utmost importance that we must hold a Haul of Shah Naqshband on that evening.
12. It is a tradition and practice of Mawlana Sultan al-Awliya' Shaykh 'Abdullah al-Daghistani q.s. to make Qurban of two sheep on the day of 'Ashura and distribute the meat to the poor and needy to the members of the Tariqah. He also did this on the birthday of Shah Naqshband q.s.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Dr Gibril Fuad Hadad comments on the statement given by Mohd Asri, a Mufti from a state in Malaysia.
Allah Most High said He had raised the Ulema above the non-ulema in rank; but Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin, the 35-year old Mufti of the Malaysian state of Perlis, wants each Muslim to be his or her own mufti. Our Holy Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, said that Allah Most High reserves the understanding of the Religion to those for whom He desires the greatest good. But Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin says: "Religion deserves to be understood by everybody." Evidently, he finds Allah and His Prophet conservative and in need of renewal. "Overhaul," as he puts it.
Asri dismisses the Muslim ulema but admires Turkish picturebook author Harun Yahya. Asri mocks the traditional Malay ustaz for teaching the jurisprudence of snow in snowless Malaysia rather, he claims, than teach prayer to new Muslims. Many a professional with poor Arabic are better read in Islam and "might have memorised more hadith," Asri suggests, than a traditional scholar of Qur'anic commentary. Asri has a doctorate, he is a mufti. It must be true. After all, he witnessed a traditional preacher confuse the aedes mosquito with AIDS once. This is what Asri, a Malaysian Salafi, would like you to believe is the state of things in Muslim Malaysia. Then there is all this talk about the need to "kill off ideas and understanding. "
Asri thinks light of "the scholars of old" but much of "science today." He actually says: "The Quran speaks many times of the greatness of God in the signs that we see all around us. The scholars of old could not grasp such verses thoroughly, but science can do so now." "They" are reactionary while "Islam puts forth arguments." The subversion of persons by abstractions is only one of the many ironies of the grammar of islamism. A much greater irony, of course, is that islamism is the greatest threat to Islam today. Machiavelli himself could not dream up worse perversion than what a mufti in the most ostensibly advanced Muslim society on earth can stand up before Muslims and teach nowadays.
A few days ago the young "leader" of a group named "Tawhid and Jihad" shot Syrian border guards as he attempted to make his way into Lebanon, then, rather than get arrested, blew himself up with an explosive belt. It does not take an Einstein to divine the slippery slope that leads from "youngest-ever" muftis preaching revisionism, to 28-year old "Tawhid and Jihad" suicides in our times. It is a fact that the Islamic podium in Southeast Asia is now dominated by the Ikhwan al-Muslimin. If so-called Progressives want you to do away with your Muslim identity, so-called Salafis teach you to do away with yourself. The suicide is spiritual and intellectual as well, since they convince their blind followers that they are "thinking for themselves" and according to "Qur'an and Sunna!"
The rule of boys and the podium of the ignorant are among the signs of the end of times predicted by our Holy Prophet, upon him blessings and peace. Islamist Islam can be compared to an adolescent Hulk alternately throwing huge, uncontrollable tantrums and sermonizing incoherently at
his parents, the neighbors, their dog, and everything else in the world. How can we best treat this confusion and extract it from our midst? Two steps seem paramount for people of Islamic learning and educated lay Muslims alike, although respective emphases differ:
1. Acknowledge the odd good point each newfangled movement may forward, and expose the endless errors and incoherences that dominate their discourse. This requires greater knowledge and representation of what they themselves claim to speak for, namely, the main and ancillary (e.g.
logic and language) sciences of the Qur'an and Sunna as taught by Ahl al-Sunna wal-Jama`a.
2. Reconnect our professionals and graduates about their own scholarly tradition so they can tell gold from plastic and tin. This necessitates firsthand connection with a traditional, non-Wahhabi teacher as well as pursuing the reform of the soul. TV muftis, websites and picturebooks are a delusion. So is party activism.
Asri says he believes "two movements will influence the minds of Malaysians in the future: one is the Salafiyyah movement. The second...is that of liberal Muslims." Malaysians should beg to differ one and all. Surely their heritage is richer than to blinker its sons and daughters into a bankrupt alternative. What do the accomplished elders and their graduates and communities say? Where is the voice of the Muslim majority in Malaysia? They are best qualified to silence those who think contemporary Malaysians must be (how horrible to say!) either Wahhabi-Salafis or liberal-progressives.
May we learn and re-learn, calmly and methodically, to differentiate between authentic voices of Reason and Learning on the one hand, and, on the other, immature voices promoting rebellion and self-destructive pseudo-scholarship.
Allahumma! Arina al-haqqa haqqan wa-urzuqna ittiba`ah, wa-arina al-batila batilan wa-urzuqna ijtinabah.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Learn Tajwid Within 24 hours!
Registration now. Limited to only 15 students per class.
Commencement – starts Wednesday 3rd January 2007
Schedule and Venue
Wednesdays 8pm - 9.30pm & Saturdays 5.30pm – 7pm
@ Al-Fathhu Traditional Learning Centre, 19A Bali Lane (facing field at Parkview Square) (map)
$15/- per session
(Inclusive of textbook and exercise book. Each session is 90 mins. Payment can be made one-time [$240/-] or on the 1st week of each class month [$120 only])
Recite the Qur’an Within 36 hours!
Registration for new Spring-Summer Term now on. Limited to only 15 students per class.
– starts Monday 2nd April 2007
Schedule and Venue
Mondays & Fridays 8pm – 9.30 pm
@ Al-Markaz Arabic Language Centre, 58 Bussorah Street (above Wardah Books) (map)
$15/- per session
(Inclusive of textbook and exercise book. Each session is 90 mins. Payment can be made one-time [$360/-] or on the 1st week of each class month [$120 only])
For more information and registration, go to learnquran.wordpress.com/tag/quran-courses/ or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go and find out more! learnquran.wordpress.com