Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shah Naqshband gives initiation to a murid

Khwaja Ya'qub al-Charkhi said about the time he gave his bay'ah (allegiance) to Shah Naqshband:

He said, "I have been ordered by Allah, Almighty and Exalted, and by the Prophet (s), and by my Shaykh, not to accept anyone in my way unless Allah, the Prophet and my Shaykhs accept that person. So I will look tonight to see if you are accepted.' This was the most difficult day of my life. I felt I would melt from the fear that they would not accept me on this Way. I prayed Fajr behind him and I was so afraid. When he looked into my heart everything disappeared and he was appearing everywhere. I heard his voice saying, 'May Allah bless you. He accepts you and I accept you.' Then he began to recite the names of the Masters of the Golden Chain from the Prophet to Abu Bakr, Salman, Qasim, Ja'far, Tayfur, Abu-l Hasan, Abu 'Ali, Yusuf, Abu-l 'Abbas, 'Abdul Khaliq. Every Shaykh he mentioned appeared in front of him. When he mentioned 'Abdul Khaliq he stopped and 'Abdul Khaliq appeared in front of me. He said, 'Give him to me now,' and he taught me more of the knowledge of Wuquf al-'Adadi, the Science of Numbers. He told me that knowledge came to him through Khidr (a.s). Then my Shaykh continued reciting the Silsilah (chain), 'Arif, Mahmoud, 'Ali Ramitani, Muhammad Baba as-Sammasi, Sayyid Amir Kulal. They were each appearing by turn and giving me initiation. I continued serving him, standing at his door, learning from him, until he gave me permission to be a guide to people on this Way. He said to me, 'This Way is going to be the greatest happiness for you.'"

from www.naqshbandi.org/chain/19.htm

No comments: